Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Thursday, July 21, 2011

T2 at 22

Name:  Vivian Irene Ramsey
Age:  22 months
Appearance: Light brown hair with golden highlights and big curls, beautiful blue eyes, average height and weight, legs still maintain a decent amount of adorable baby chunk.
Interests: Playing with her big brother, taking care of her baby dolls, dancing, jumping on the trampoline, snuggling with her mama, snacking throughout the day, coloring, Mickey Mouse and Dora.
Problem Identified:  T2 and 22 (Terrible Twos strike at 22 months)
Solution:  There is none, but some things can make things more tolerable, or so I thought.  When Braden hit this, it was defiance, tantrums when we left a park, running out of time out, etc.  It took a bit of time and wasn't always easy, but I learned that being consistent with consequences, followed by redirection to another activity would ultimately end current terrible two fit. Problem solved.

 However, Miss Vivian has provided her mother with a problem. 

There are not major tantrums... and she is not defiant... she is actually easy and most of the time and quite pleasant. 
Until recently. 
Three weeks ago we blamed it on the two year molars coming in.
 Last week we blamed it on the fever she had. 
This week it occurred to me.
The constant crying for no reason...
When crying, nothing can redirect her attention...
Whining has hit an all time high in the Ramsey house...
Miss Independent, will reject a yogurt (that she asked for) if I have taken the lid off, but will happily accept same yogurt if I put the lid back on and let her do it herself.  (This actually isn't anything new, but she's taking it to a whole new level).

So I'm not sure if I prefer the more frequent (but quickly diffused) tantrums, or the less frequent (longer, much longer, drawn out, drama filled with fake crying and everything) episodes. 

To be continued...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Well, well...it sounds like Vivienne should meet my Logan -- they are soul sisters I say! Hang in there - we are nearing 2.5 and while the whining, having it be her way or no way and drama are still around, it is just better and the "episodes" are fewer and farther between. I cringe when I think of the teen years :)