Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Kind of Town...

The first weekend in May, Vivian and I packed up and flew to Chicago for a long weekend (Wednesday through Sunday).  The reason for the trip... my very good friend Lisa was getting married! 
I brought Vivian with me while she is young enough to fly free and sit on my lap, and because she had not seen my mom, uncle or sister since September, when we were last in town.  I was thrilled to spend my time there staying at Staci's home with her little boy, Aidan (4 weeks older than Vivian), and before she welcomes twin girls this summer.  Vivian and Aidan played Wednesday night and got reacquainted.  

My mom came to get her on Thursday morning and brought her to Homewood.  I was happy that Vivian had a great time there visiting with Grandma Carole, Uncle Jimmy, Auntie Lou and her older cousin, Raina.  My mom said Raina and Vivian played their hearts out and got along amazing and had such a good time together. 

After the kids were gone, Staci and I met the bride-to-be and a few friends for manicures/pedicures and a nice lunch downtown.  Thursday night, I was go glad to be able to stop by the Brown's new home and meet their new baby (just born 4 days earlier!).  After that, met for dinner with good friend, Melissa and had a long, overdue catch up.  It was a great night. 


Avery Olivia... precious.

The wedding was Friday, and with no kids in the house, Staci and I actually slept in (you do know that the new "sleeping in" these days means 9:00, right?)  We made it to the church on time to see Lisa and Mike get married, it was perfect and gorgeous, and truly you could feel the excitement and see how much these two people care about each other. 
Lisa is always beautiful and put together, but on this special day, she was breathtaking... flawless.

JUST MARRIED!

 The reception was at the Columbia Yacht Club, where Mike is a member and where he proposed to Lisa. Such a unique spot, on Lake Michigan and gorgeous views from every direction.


Melissa and I sending a "space hug and hands on her belly" love to Katie, since she was in Minnesota and was just a few weeks away from having her second baby boy!!!
Lisa with some Tri Delta/Chicago girl love.

What a great opportunity to celebrate two loving people, and spend time with some of my favorite people in the whole world!  Another huge congratulations to Lisa and Mike!

But the weekend wasn't over... Staci and I got our children back Saturday and they played... we shopped... kids went to sleep... we talked... we relaxed.  Usually when I'm in Chicago it's so go-go, going a million miles to try and see everyone and do everything.  This was so nice having no where to be, and since Staci's life is going from 1 to 3, it was great to have a little time with her all to myself! 

 And these two munchkins... I can't tell you how many times we saying, "aren't they cute? stop it... they cannot be this cute!"



Some love on the baby belly... because next time I'm in town, those two little girls will be here.  I'm ready for newborn snuggles... times two!

2 comments:

Staci Butscher said...

I have missed your blog!!! had such a great time while you and Miss Vivian were in town. Miss you and can not wait to see you in August:)

Lisa Carroll said...

Awww, thanks for kind words! I'm so glad you could be there. Vivian is looking more and more like her pretty mama everyday!